Monday, January 4, 2010

Lamentations Ch 3 and mini-update

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions NEVER FAIL. They are new every morning; GREAT is your FAITHFULNESS. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him".
Lamentations 3: 22-24

Our pastor read a part of this on Sunday morning and oh what sweet words to my soul they are!
This wait until we see our son has been hard, and though each day I pray "please let today be the day we see his face," God isn't answering my prayer directly, but He is giving us the grace to endure the wait. And since I know God is love, then I know all that He does comes out of his love and so though this wait is agonizing at times, I choose to believe that it is for our best and only out of love. (He IS love so how can he NOT act out of love!?) So I am not consumed by the enemies attempts to cause me to doubt this whole process though he has tried many times to lead me to do so. I cling to this verse knowing God has compassion on me and knows what it is to wait for his Son to return to Him... and his compassion will never fail! His faithfulness is new every morning! It is the Lord who gives me my portion....He is everything I need and will always give me everything I need....so here I am with the grace to endure the wait...and I will wait for him.

The only news I really have on the adoption, is that the transition home Hannah's Hope where our future son will be until we can get to him has moved to the new location and they seemed settled in last week! I hope this means that if our son is not already there, then they are now ready and able to take him in and many other children waiting for their families. Between the holidays, the transition home's move and the back up from the court closure in the fall, things have been soooo slow, but I hope now everyone is reved up and ready to get more babies home!!! Praying that this week my new sweet friend Cristie, who is #1 and just a few blocks away recieves her phone call and then we are next! We also should be getting our monthly update from our case manager in a day or two...I will have to keep myself from thinking it is our referral call when I see her number come up on the phone!!

And for your enjoyment, a picture of my little cowboy.........




( I have been playing with my camera and finally got my first decent picture on the completely manual setting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment