Friday, July 24, 2009

Catching up to now...waiting to wait

While we are just in the beginning of this whole adoption process....there has already been so many ways I have seen God at work. Once we sent in our pre-application, we were then pre-approved the next day! From there we had to move on to the more lengthy and detailed application, and just a few short days later we were officially approved for 2 countries - Bulgaria and Ethiopia. I had always been drawn to Ethiopia while researching adoption and the different agencies and now that we were approved for that country, I knew it was were God was leading us to. From there we started the orientation packet, more forms to sign and fees to collect. We didn't know where the money for these initial fees would come from and as doors seemed to be shutting, a large one opened and were able to get what we needed to move forward with the next step. During this time I kept worrying about the money part of it all and God kept giving me this verse Philippians 4:19 "and my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus" And he met our needs. God is good!
So we then moved on to getting the forms done and collected for the dossier and starting the home study....I was a mad woman with a check-list...watch out. I wouldn't let a day go by with our some sort of "to-do list" until everything was collected. These past few weeks have been spent waiting for the home study to be written (13 pages about us..whew) and then approved by our agency....we our currently waiting for the final home study report to arrive so we can send it in with our dossier paper work and be put on the waiting list for an infant boy!!
Just the other night I was fighting back the feelings of discouragement about how long the wait for the home study approval was taking, when my phone rang....it was approved in the same day it had been resubmitted with the necessary revisions! I was literally jumping up and down! God has been faithful to remind me that He is the one in control and I am to trust in Him and His perfect timing! So now here we are ....waiting to wait

No comments:

Post a Comment