Friday, September 4, 2009

Not much to blog about...

I feel like life has been pretty "usual" lately. Nothing too exciting or new to really need to blog about...but then I think that is a horrible way to think...God is doing big and great things in our lives each and every day.
As far as our progress in our "wait" we are already up to #9! Wow! That is 4 spots up in just a month...things will be a little slower this month, but then I am sure they will speed up again in mid-October. In the mean time we are waiting to hear about grants we have applied for and I am brainstorming ways we can make and or raise money for the remaining expenses...I have alot of ideas, but not too many that will make it very far. There will be more to come about that soon...once I have more things in order.
I have been drawn to the need to dwell on God's commands lately. Lots of times through out my days and weeks, I think about the adoption process and how crazy it may seem to others and even to myself at times and then I begin to allow doubt and fear to creep in...I have struggled with doubts related to everything about the adoption more than any other experience we have gone through. God has shown me that this is because it requires more faith and obedience than anything else we have ever done and this ultimately brings Him more glory, so satan has to do his best to make me have doubts and fears in hopes of leading me to doubt God and loose faith. But I won't let satan do that. I know God has called us to do this and we will obey...we will rely on our faith in God and bring Him the glory He deserves while doing so! He has brought us this far, and I KNOW He will continue to guide us through this process and in everything else we face.
"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ" Philippians 1:6

1 comment:

  1. what a great post!! with "not much to blog about"!! so encouraging and reminder to stay focused on God and His Mighty Hand over all of our adoptions! Adoption is a journey of Faith indeed, God calls us to trust Him completely, and in doing so, He gives us an amazing gift!! thanks for this post, angie!

    ReplyDelete